Wednesday 18 May 2011

Hannah gave £1,000 to…

Along with Richard, I gave a big chunk of my money to the Ministry of Stories – an amazing, inspiring place that makes me wish I was six years old again.

But since I’m only getting older and uglier, I also gave £260 to Dementia UK, who do a sterling job of caring for those with 'the cruellest diseases 0f all'. I’d hate to watch someone I love struggle with dementia and slowly lose their grip on reality. But it might just happen – and I hope there's plenty of advice and support available if so.

The rest of my money I gave to The Red Cross, who seemed to respond swiftly and effectively to the recent earthquake in Japan. Thankfully, I don't have friends or family affected, but these shocking photos blew my mind – and ultimately decided my charity choice...

No comments: