Tuesday, 25 May 2010
Thursday, 20 May 2010
Wednesday, 19 May 2010
Things little and large that made the difference:
- They thanked me very, very much (sounds silly, but it felt nice, hearing it twice).
- They told me something new. I didn’t know they have a record of never turning a child away and I felt a bit chuffed to be helping them achieve that.
- They’re going to send me a picture of a child I helped (yes, I know, it’s not literally the child I helped, but I don’t care. I’m quite good at suspending disbelief).
- Better still, I know exactly when it’s due to arrive (2 months) and it’ll have PICTURES ENCLOSED on the envelope so I know to look out for it. Genius. I’ve already made a mental note about when this might come and I can’t wait.
- My letter was from Brian, Co-founder. The other thank yous I got from the two other charities I donated to came from a rather disappointing ‘Fundraising Assistant’ and ‘Marketing Manager’. No thanks.
Oh, I also got a DVD of their Oscar-winning documentary, but it’s still waiting to be watched. I’ve been too busy telling people about what a great guy Brian from Smile Train is.
Thursday, 13 May 2010
Thankfully, I'm getting better fast and am assured that recovery will be total. In the meantime, thank you to everyone who sent messages and to all our charity friends who've been waiting so patiently for work.
Wednesday, 5 May 2010
If you are, you should apply for this job.