Thursday 15 April 2010

Richard Gave £1,000 to...

First Floor £250

A project run by West Yorkshire Playhouse in Leeds. They work with young people aged 12 and above to help them develop new talents, interests and skills through visual and performing arts. A lot of the young people they work with are not in full time education anymore, or have learning or behavioral difficulties so First Floor offers them an alternative route to gain qualifications.

Amnesty International £250

The only charity I feel any real connection or affinity with. We're lucky in Britain that our human rights are rarely compromised – but not everyone is so fortunate. I'd like to think that if my human rights came under threat, Amnesty would be there to help protect them.

Mind £250 & The Samaritans £250

For no reason other than I really hate the idea of someone not wanting to be alive anymore. I can't imagine how low someone has to feel to even consider taking their own life, so hopefully I have selected charities who will be there for people when they are at their most vulnerable.

No comments: