Thursday 8 April 2010

Mark Gave £1,000 to...

After eliminating the charities I already give to and then the charities that we already raise a lot of money for, I settled on a list of organisations that I've never supported before but whose work I really respect.

The Shakespeare Hospice £500
They support people in and around Stratford upon Avon, where I grew I up and where my family all live. I also have a close friend who works there and I know that the money will be well spent.

Friends of the Lake District £250
All my favourite childhood memories come from family holidays in the Lake District. It's a place that my parents love, my brother and his family love and now my family loves.

MySociety £250
I wanted to support an organisation that I think are doing interesting and useful things with technology.

No comments: