Wednesday 7 April 2010

Louise Gave £1,000 to...

Safe Hands for mothers £500

In sub-Saharan Africa a woman has a 1 in 16 chance of dying during pregnancy and childbirth. If those odds applied to my friends and family, I would have lost some of them. And I probably wouldn't have made it through my twin pregnancy and birth. This charity is working hard to change those odds and I wanted to give some money to help them.

British Heart Foundation
£250

My brother was born with a hole in the heart. Surgery developed with the help of research funded by BHF means that 33 years and 3 major operations later, his heart 'problem' rarely features in his life. My parents have always donated to BHF as a thank you and as a way of helping more people's loved ones live. I wanted to do the same.

The Stroke Association £250

When my father in-law had a stroke everyone was confused about what this meant and how we could help him. Whilst the hospital dealt with the medical treatment, the information The Stroke Association offered filled in the gaps with online information, book recommendations and other people's stories of their experiences. I wanted to give a donation to help them continue this work.

No comments: