Tuesday 12 April 2011

Paul Gave £1,000 to...

Mama FM £500

Having worked in development, I understand the importance of building sustainable projects and of women in communities. This Ugandan project mobilises and informs women in rural communities – helping to make a real difference to families and the wider community with advice on health and education.

Starlight £250

Childhood ought to be about adventure, learning, love and intrigue. For some unfortunate children their life is more about the pain of living with a terminal illness. Offering these children the opportunity to fulfill a dream is very motivating.

Stroke Association £250

My father died as a consequence of having a stroke and then several smaller stokes during a six month period. At the time, I was not aware of the signs that a person suffering from a stroke exhibits. If I had known then what I do now, he would have received treatment sooner.

Early detection may not have saved my Dad, but lives will be saved if there was greater stroke awareness.

Paul

No comments: